The Data Scientist will be responsible for analytical research utilizing multiple sources of healthcare data to enable the design and development of data-driven analysis and evaluation of predictive models. Given a research question, the Data Scientist will formulate and execute an approach to derive results utilizing data mining, mathematical analytics and statistically modeling as appropriate. Typical questions to be addressed include predicting outcomes for individual subjects (e.g., survival curves, probabilities of future outcomes), analyzing an impact of an intervention, estimating relative risks of predictive variables, and estimating costs associated with health care. The Data Scientist may also present the key analytic findings to our team or collaborators and may support publications of results.
This full-time position reports to the Chief Scientist/VP of Research. Minimal travel is anticipated.
SPECIFIC DAILY DUTIES
- Conduct Outcomes Research on large datasets from managed care and other populations.
- Write code, extract data, build datasets for analysis, conduct statistical analyses, create predictive models, tabulate/annotate results, summarize findings.
- Based on results of one’s work, refine the analytical approach and iterate analyses as needed to adequately address hypotheses or questions posed to the data.
- Prepare results for presentations, collaborators or publication (as needed).
- Provide support to project leaders regarding study design and approaches for analyzing or modeling data as needed.
- Support other research, software coding, IP development and marketing projects as required.
Competitive base salary; bonus and equity opportunity
- 5+ years of experience conducting analytical/outcomes research
- Expertise in at least one statistical software package (SAS, R, SPSS)
- Extensive knowledge of statistical and mathematical modeling techniques
- Working expertise with relational datasets and database management software (e.g., SQL)
- Strong command of verbal and written English
- Outstanding critical thinking and attention to detail
- Time management skills to complete work within allocated time frames
- Candidates with familiarity with clinical and medical terminology are highly preferred
- Familiarity with actuarial tables and cost modeling preferred
- Familiarity with administrative claims or other patient level data
- Working knowledge of Software coding (Matlab, C, C++ or C#, Python, R)
- Familiarity of using Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity of Artificial Intelligence (AI) approaches to data mining and analysis of Big Data
Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in the field of Statistics, Mathematics, Financial Modeling, or Engineering or related field.
HDAI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.