HDAI is an entrepreneurial company developing and commercializing proprietary quantitative solutions to capture, integrate and interpret healthcare data to improve decisions and outcomes. We specialize in transforming this data into actionable information for clients across a broad array of industries and applications. HDAI is located in Dedham, MA near the Commuter Rail (25 minutes from Back Bay and South Station) and I-95/128.
The DevOps Engineer will participate in the build and maintenance of the AWS infrastructure at HDAI. HDAI has developed an industry-leading methodology for creating sophisticated and highly accurate data models for predicting a range of clinical risks using claims data and a validated supervised learning approach. These insights are to be used to highlight the most important elements of a patient’s health history to the most important people at the most impactful times. To accomplish this a complete product suite and architecture is being built including ETL, large-scale databases, real-time integrations with external systems, a publicly facing API, compute engines and several user facing applications. The production environment will be deployed on an AWS infrastructure to be designed and built by the candidate.
Participate in the definition and execution of security standards and compliance
- Direct and support implementation of software and hardware upgrades
- Participate in design of Cloud infrastructure including SSO for all systems
- Familiar with automation (CI/CD, CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Create VPN connections to customer sites
- Security Hardening of cloud infrastructure application/web server against known/unknown vulnerabilities
- Manage infrastructure operations, security, and production support, systems and database administration, network operations
- Provide internal and external customer service
- Design and configure automated backup and restoration of application/web servers/databases/data lakes to object storage like S3
- BS or MS in IT-related discipline desired
- 5+ years’ overall experience with IT & cloud services
- 3+ years’ experience with AWS
- Utilized AWS extensively as a cloud provider
- Strong familiarity with network design and support
- Excelled in cross-functional teams, working collaboratively with Product Managers, QA Engineers, Data Scientists, Mobile Engineers, etc.
- Will thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to find and deliver simple solutions to complex problems
- Minimum of 5 years experience with IT support
- A willingness to contribute in all aspects of the technical needs of the company
- Self-driven, enjoy daily problem solving, and welcome the opportunity to shape and execute ambiguous work streams as the situation demands
- Have performed DBA tasks for SQL Server or similar database technology
- Healthcare IT experience a major plus
- Familiarity with HIPAA guidelines, SOC2 compliance, HITRUST certifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
HDAI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.