Director Business Development & Strategic Partnerships – Insurance/Longevity
The Director of Business Development & Strategic Partnerships – Insurance/Longevity at HDAI will be responsible for identifying, securing, and helping serve new customers for our on-demand underwriting capability. HDAI has developed sophisticated models for predicting longevity faster and more accurately than any alternative in the market. We are a well-capitalized, fast-growing startup that is looking for a creative and entrepreneurial head of longevity/insurance partnerships to help define our product, tell our story, and secure new business in a stagnant, centuries-old industry. The individual will will lead and execute partnership strategy, overseeing all relationships and programs across an array of partners. The successful candidate with be comfortable in deal negotiation and will actively source and manage partnerships.
- Survey the insurance landscape to identify potential use cases and markets for our instantaneous underwriting technology
- Refine the product/service offering and develop collateral to present a compelling case for partnership
- Build a prospect pipeline through existing connections, conference attendance, cold calls, etc.
- Work with prospects throughout the sales process, from initial conversations and presentations to deal negotiation and onboarding
- Manage relationships with new customers to deliver clear ROI
- 8+ years of experience in Partnership/Business development, or strategy role in InsurTech services, consulting, or at a relevant company in partner management or business development
- Experience in building partnerships with InsurTech or FinTech products, and API integrations
- Well networked within the life insurance and longevity
- Technical Bachelor’s degree is required, MBA preferred
- Acute ability to identify, inspire and execute partnership agreements
- Tenacious personality, driven to succeed
- Ability to build long-lasting relationships
- Ability to persuade and influence
- Passion for working a fast-paced startup environment
Dynamic working environment with our small and dedicated team
The position is based in the Boston area.
HDAI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.