Director of Clinical Insight
HDAI is a well-funded, high-growth, and ambitious startup that is using artificial intelligence (AI) to provide clinical and operational guidance that supports population health and clinical decision-making. We are partnering with several premier health systems and have built dozens of validated predictive models, with a 2021 plan to significantly broaden our analytics and deploy our AI platform to more top organizations.
We are looking for a creative, business-oriented clinician or clinical researcher with a strong understanding of data science and statistics to join HDAI as the full-time Director of Clinical Insight. The Director of Clinical Insight will work closely with our strategy, algorithm, and product teams to translate clinical use cases into actionable, AI-driven models and insights and to support adoption of our AI-based platform among clinicians.
For example, the right candidate might partner with a consulting cardiologist to review best-practice aortic aneurysm screening guidelines, define specifications (using ICD-10, CPT, and other standard code sets) for our algorithm team to build a model to recommend candidates for screening, analyze the results to determine the health and economic impact of better screening protocols, and develop materials that explain this AI-based approach to clinicians.
- Read clinical literature and consult with external customers and experts to identify clinical use cases that can be addressed through predictive models
- Define predictive model and analysis protocols (populations, diagnosis- and procedure-based outcomes, etc.) for our algorithm team
- Monitor adherence to defined protocols and interpret results of predictive models and related analyses to understand clinical applicability
- Partner with product management and customer engagement teams to gather clinical end-user requirements and translate predictive models into insights for healthcare executives and providers at the point of care
- Support internal research leaders to define protocols for real-world evidence analyses
- Coordinate a team of consulting specialists to develop predictive models with clear interpretability and clinical utility within various medical fields
- Advanced degree in medicine, nursing or related field, or 5+ years of experience in clinical research that supports care delivery
- 5+ years of experience working with clinicians on clinical guidelines, quality management, or related activities
- Data science/statistics background or 2+ years working on analytics-intensive projects preferred
- Strong clinical background or a demonstrated ability to quickly understand clinical concepts through literature reviews and/or by consulting with providers
- Comfort working with cross-functional (research, customer-facing, strategy, data science) internal teams and with external partners
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence key stakeholders at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Excited by a flexible, rapidly changing startup environment
HDAI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.