Manager of SAS Data Engineering
HDAI is an entrepreneurial company developing and commercializing proprietary quantitative solutions to capture, integrate and interpret healthcare data to improve decisions and outcomes. We specialize in transforming this data into actionable information for clients across a broad array of industries and applications. Our data science team has used AI to build dozens of risk indicators for longevity, health status, outcomes, and cost of care based on 100 billion healthcare encounters. We can apply our models to patient data from a variety of sources (paper charts, EHRs, Blue Button, and API requests). In a world with too much data, we’re helping others unlock true insight to advance research, patient care, life sciences, and more.
HDAI is located in Dedham, MA near the Commuter Rail (25 minutes from Back Bay and South Station) and I-95/128.
Health Data Analytics Institute is looking for a highly motivated individual to join the data science team as the Manager of SAS Data Engineering. We pride ourselves in delivering fast, accurate, and actionable predictive insights to our customers. To do so, we leverage an enterprise-grade SAS environment to analyze one of the largest commercially available claims-based data warehouses. The Manager of SAS Data Engineering will be primarily responsible for leading a team of data engineers and data analysts to design, program, debug, document, and maintain our SAS software in an enterprise-grade environment. The Manager of SAS Data Engineering will work closely with the Director of Advanced Algorithm Development to ensure the enterprise SAS environment, SAS software, and SAS data exports are well integrated with data pipeline processes for eventual deployment to production environment. Additionally, this role will require collaboration with other key stakeholders to determine requirements and plan enhancements to the system. We do not require prior experience in the healthcare space; however, we require a candidate who has extensive experience designing enterprise-grade SAS software and working with massive amounts of data. Above all, we value curiosity, attention to detail, collaborative nature, and good work ethic.
Architect data-processing pipelines in the SAS environment
- Manage data engineers and analysts working in the SAS environment
- Plan and manage development sprints of SAS programs
- Maintain full set of SAS programs with version control system
- Build and maintain SAS programs using agile best practices, document and fix bugs, update release notes, update documentation, and address backlog items on a regular basis
- Set and define the standards for code quality and application performances
- Integrate data exports from SAS system into external databases, processes, pipelines, and systems
- Work directly with Director of Advanced Algorithm Development to address functionality requirements and set goals for program delivery
- Collaborate across teams to ensure that the output from SAS system is meeting the needs of organization
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Experience, and Other Requirements
- 10+ years working with SAS system
- 3+ years of working in hands-on management role
- Prior experience writing data-processing scripts that run on massive data sets
- Familiar with Linux, good Bash skills.
- Familiar with SQL and working with relational databases
- Experienced with controlling software versions, working with development team to plan software sprints
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with internal and external teams.
HDAI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.