Sr. Director, Population Health Modeling and Analytics
HDAI is an entrepreneurial company developing and commercializing proprietary quantitative solutions to capture, integrate and interpret healthcare data to improve decisions and outcomes. We specialize in transforming this data into actionable information for clients across a broad array of industries and applications. HDAI is located in Dedham, MA near the Commuter Rail (25 minutes from Back Bay and South Station) and I-95/128.
We are currently recruiting for a Sr. Director, Population Health Modeling and Analytics. This individual will lead the population health research efforts for HDAI.
The right candidate will work closely with product, customer success, and marketing teams to address clinical and operational challenges for healthcare organizations through insightful, actionable analytics. Select individual must be able to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, high-growth environment and possess superior hands-on analytics, communication and consultative ability. (S)he must be able to address business questions and leverage Healthcare Payer data and knowledge of Payer/Medicare Advantage/ACO policy to produce analytics to drive operational value.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
‘Quarterback’ and direct contributor for analytics needs and work both independently and with leadership team (and other key stakeholders) to coordinate and execute upon key deliverables
- Leverage existing analytics capabilities to drive solutions. When none exist, leverage hands-on skills and capabilities to drive solutions
- Champion deep understanding and thought leadership to help payers and organizations in risk-based healthcare contracts understand and improve their clinical and financial performance
- Support analytics related to Payer Risk Arrangements and Population Health Operations
- Utilize data mining expertise, industry knowledge, and HDAI’s proprietary predictive analytics and methodologies to provide insight into drivers of cost & utilization
- Model and understand clinical and financial opportunities for population health organizations, and work with customer-facing teams to convey these insights to clinical and administrative users
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering, Actuarial Sciences, Economics or related field required
- Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience working in a high functioning healthcare analytics/informatics team combined with experience in health plan/Medicare Advantage analytics
- Deep experience with SAS, SQL, R, Python, and/or compatible data mining
- Ability to conceptualize a business problem; translate into a data analytics inquiry; leverage contemporary analytical tools and techniques to formulate observations and recommendations; succinctly communicate to customers and management
- Hands-on ‘real-world’ experience in data mining, statistical and/or economic analysis applied to business problems
- Possess an advanced analytic, market research/data mining capability and management skills essential to craft a vision and champion an agenda
- Technical, analytical and financial experience in the subject area of healthcare claims and payer related data
- Prior employment within an ACO Operations Department a plus
HDAI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.