Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
HDAI is an entrepreneurial company developing and commercializing proprietary quantitative solutions to capture, integrate and interpret healthcare data to improve decisions and outcomes. We specialize in transforming this data into actionable information for clients across a broad array of industries and applications. HDAI is located in Dedham, MA near the Commuter Rail (25 minutes from Back Bay and South Station) and I-95/128.
Health Data Analytics Institute is looking for a highly motivated individual to join the data science team as a Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer. We are a company that prides ourselves in delivering fast, accurate, and actionable predictive insights to our customers. To do so, we have developed internal tools to manage our incoming data streams, train and organize our predictive models, and deliver predictions to end users. We are looking to bundle all of our tools into a fully integrated system complete with a pleasant user experience for non-technical users. The Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer will be primarily responsible for working directly with the Director of Algorithm Development and members of the data science and product development teams to build and maintain this system. Additionally, this role will require collaboration with other key internal and external stakeholders to determine requirements and plan enhancements to the system. We do not require prior experience in the healthcare space; however, we would prefer the candidate have some familiarity with distributed systems and dealing with large quantities of data. Above all, we value curiosity, attention to detail, and a good work ethic.
Contribute across a full application stack that operates at scale and brings new technologies and best practices into the organization
- Utilize cutting-edge frameworks to deliver resilient services with large data processing capabilities
- Become familiar with various aspects of the data science pipeline and write software to streamline
- Deploy software across nodes in distributed data warehouse, collaborate with IT to monitor nodes and
plan work around hardware and OS updates
- Maintain deployed software using agile best practices; document and fix bugs, update release notes,
update documentation, and address backlog items on a regular basis
- Set and define the standards for code quality and application performance
- Work directly with Director of Advanced Algorithm Development to plan development sprints and set
release goals for software
- Collaborate across teams to integrate various aspects of the application stack with both internal and
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of working experience in a software and/or full stack development engineering role
- Familiar with Linux, good Bash skills
- Familiar with RESTful API’s within a framework
- Familiar with SQL, working with relational databases, and with at-least one ORM framework
- Comfortable working with Git and working on a team using agile/scrum
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with internal and
external teams – ability to engender trust, cooperation, and mutual respect
- Basic understanding of distributed systems is required, experience working with them is preferred
HDAI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.