Software Developer/ Data Engineer
The Software Developer/Data Engineer will be primarily responsible for developing SAS code to support data analysis, data cleansing, and integration with other applications including SQL. The role will assist with optimizing and maintaining data, creating data tables and implementing tools and techniques to synthesize and transform complex data sets into functional structures and code. In addition to the primary responsibilities, we are looking for a programmer who is able to support other statistical applications, is able to understand statistical approaches as well being proficient in area of other languages such as C#, and is knowledgeable of the .Net framework. While this is an individual contributor role the ideal candidate should be able to coordinate with a team to solve complex business and technological problems.
SPECIFIC DAILY DUTIES
- Knowledge in SAS with an understanding of statistics
- Translate requirements into functional code and solutions
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ability to understand and work with complex data sets and relationships
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of code
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
Competitive based on experience
- Knowledge in SAS programming supporting analytic business solutions
- Strong knowledge of .NET web framework
- Proficient in C, C++, C#, or other comparable languages
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns and fundamental understanding of design principles for building a scalable application
- Working expertise with relational datasets and database management software (e.g., SQL)
- Strong command of verbal and written English
- Outstanding critical thinking and attention to detail
- Time management skills to complete work within allocated time frames
Highly qualified recent graduates will be considered.
Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or related field.
HDAI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.